The park, open seven days a week, from 8am to 9pm, includes a sand pit, an open green space, a shaded seating area and dog play equipment
Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) has unveiled its JLT Dog Park at its Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) community in Dubai.
The 475-square metre gated park provides a safe and enclosed space for residents, neighbouring communities and visitors to walk and exercise their dogs in a controlled environment.
The park, open seven days a week, from 8am-9pm, includes a sand pit, an open green space, a shaded seating area and dog play equipment.
The amenity underscores DMCC’s efforts to build upon existing facilities in the JLT district, hosting more than 100,000 people who live, work and visit the area.
According to its website, some of the general park rules entail:
- Handlers must have a leash available at all times. A dog must be kept on a leash until it is inside the park, and must be placed on a leash before it is taken outside of the dog park. Dogs must be removed from the off-leash dog area at the first sign of aggression.
- Handlers are legally responsible for their dogs and any damage caused to the facility, or any injury to any person or other dogs caused by their dog.
- Dogs aren’t permitted when the park is closed or outside of opening hours.
A few of the handler guidelines include:
- Dogs must be under the control of their handler and in view at all times.
- Handlers should be 16 years or older. Younger children must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Handlers should be in possession of a dog leash at all times.
- Handlers are limited to a maximum of two dogs.
- Handlers are responsible for removal and disposal of waste.