Ferrari World - Abu Dhabi
March 5, 2017
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Island – Abu Dhabi, P.O. Box 128717, United Arab Emirates
+971 (0)2 496 8000
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was created in tribute to Ferrari’s passion, heritage, excellence, innovation and performance. Each area and attraction in the Park brings to life a different part of the Ferrari story, from Cinema Maranello with its film about Enzo Ferrari to Formula Rossa capturing the speed, power and freedom of a F1™ car. Farah Experiences was determined and passionate to not only showcase the best of the Ferrari brand, but to provide people of all ages with the most thrilling theme park experience in the Middle East.
Construction of the Park began on 3 November 2007. It took three years to complete and required 12,370 tons of steel to create its structure, nearly double of that needed in the Eiffel tower. The Park has the largest space frame structure ever built, and it took 14 months just to clad the 200,000m2 roof.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi welcomed its first guests in November 2010. 2,000 VIP guests, including senior government officials and F1™ drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, attended the opening event in December 2010. Guests were treated to a spectacular show, followed by an opening ceremony by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, and the Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
Impress your friends and family with some fascinating facts about Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
- The 86,000m² enclosed area of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi can fit 7 football fields in head-to-toe.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi’s total roof area of 200,000m² uses enough aluminium to cover 16,750 Ferraris.
- If you laid the roof of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi flat you could place 20,100 Ferrari’s side-by-side and end-to-end.
- If Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was turned upright, it would be the tallest man made structure in the world!
- The Ferrari logo on the roof, the largest ever created, measures an incredible 65m in length and covers an area of 3,000m², which could fit at least 7 basketball courts.
- The volume of concrete in Hoover Dam could fit inside Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
- 100,000m3 of concrete were used to pour the slabs of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, which is 10,000m3 more than what was used for Wembley Stadium in London.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has the largest space frame structure ever built, with a total of approximately 172,000 members and 43,100 nodes.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi needed 12,370 tons of steel to create its structure. The Eiffel Tower only needed 7,000 tons.
- The gross footprint area of the plaza level is equivalent to approximately 15 American Football fields.
- The Empire State Building could be rebuilt in the same time it took to clad the 200,000m² of roof for Ferrari World Abu Dhabi – approximately 14 months.
- Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster, has the same G force one would feel driving in an F1 car and braking at maximum speed.
- Bell’Italia displays more than 40,000 hand-planted miniature trees.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi includes 1,200 dining seats – enough to feed the entire Park at full capacity in 3 hours.